Makes 8 to 10 pieces
Butter, for greasing
Icing, for glazing
40ml canola oil
100g carrot, steamed till soft
and then pureed
50ml plain yogurt
110g plain flour
2.5g baking powder
2.5g baking soda
60g almonds, skin removed, roasted and grounded
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg C. Grease a muffi n tray with butter.
2. Combine the ingredients for both mixtures separately.
3. Slowly add mixture A into mixture B, until it becomes a smooth batter.
4. Fill the moulds of the tray three quarters of the way with batter.
5. Put tray into oven and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Remove tray from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. After 15 minutes, tap the tray firmly a few times and give it a few gentle shakes to loosen the muffins. Turn muffins over onto wire rack, remove from tray and let them cool completely.
7. Glaze with icing, if you like.
This recipe is suitable for toddlers from 12 months old.
Nutrition info you should know
High in fibre, carrots are also a good source of antioxidants, which help promote heart health, boost the immune system and fight cancer.
Almonds contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
Executive chef Lawrence Tay Lian Chin and principal dietitian Alefia A. Vasanwala contributed this recipe and the nutrition tip. Both are from Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
(Photo: Young Parents)