Most injuries at the playground are cuased by falls. Teach your child the dos and don’ts of the playground to avoid potential hazards. Some of these rules, particularly those that have to do with climbing, can be reinforced at home as well.
1. Bend your knees to land softly when jumping off any equipment.
2. Use equipment properly. Do not stand on swings. Always slide down feet first and climb down backwards.
3. Keep a clear distance from “landing points” – like the bottom of slides or the area around swings – to avoid being bumped into.
4. Keep water bottles and other items away from equipment so they don’t get caught on it.
1. Use playground equipment if it is wet.
2. Push and shove. Wait for your turn.