Looking for fun activities to do with kids at home? Try this DIY craft: fragrant, glitter soap.
You can take the chance to emphasise the importance of hand-washing, too, especially during this Covid-19 situation.
What you need
Glycerin soap base
Essential oil or fragrance oil (such as lavender, chamomile, lemon and tea tree)
Colouring, glitter or any decorative items
What to do
1. Melt glycerin soap base in microwave oven for around 20 seconds. (Timing depends on amount of glycerin soap base used.) Stir immediately after the soap base is out of the oven. The melted soap base should have a liquid consistency.
2. Pour the melted soap base in a preferred container or mould. The container or mould will determine the shape of the end soap product. If bubbles form, spritz some alcohol on the surface to remove them.
3. Add a few drops of essential oil or fragrance oil to the soap base.
4. Add glitter, colouring or any decorative items into the mixture.
5. Leave to dry for a few hours or overnight. The DIY soap is ready to be used.
This craft idea is contributed by Kinderland and Synergyst. Besides making soap, the preschoolers at Kinderland also learn to make hand sanitisers for their families and friends. This initiative aims to encourage children to think outside the box to solve problems especially in times of need.