Add a touch of DIY to your festive decorations with this sweet and simple Chinese New Year craft that your kids can help make.
• Square Post-it notes
• Sticky tape or washi tape
1. Fold the paper in half so that the crease is on the bottom. You should now have a rectangle.
2. Now fold and unfold the bottom-right corner up to the top edge of the rectangle. Then fold and unfold the top right corner down to bottom edge. You should now have an X-shaped crease in the right side of the rectangle.
3. Fold the paper so that the bottom-left corner meets the intersection of the X-shaped crease you created in step 2. Do not reopen this fold.
4. Take that same corner and fold it back so that it is aligned with the fold you created in step 3. This should create a flap on the left side of the paper.
5. Fold the bottom-right edge of the paper up diagonally so that it is aligned with the flap from previous step, as marked out by the dotted line shown below.
6. Fold the right half backwards along the dotted line.
7. Cut through all layers of the paper along the black line shown below.
8. Unfold your flower.
9. Tape the flowers on the branches, then arrange in a vase.
– Use square paper of different sizes to vary the sizes of your flowers.
– Layer different colour flowers for contrast.