If you’re having a home party this Christmas, check out this handy list where you can order takeaways such as turkey and ham. You can also whip up this easy-to-make traditional dessert for friends and family. Your kids will love helping out in the kitchen with you!
Bread and butter pudding
120ml UHT whipping cream
½ vanilla bean or 3g vanilla essence
60g egg yolks
60g white chocolate
3 frozen butter croissants
100ml strawberry puree
15g icing sugar
10ml lemon juice
Your choice of of berries, such as raspberries, gooseberries, strawberries and blackberries
1 piece shortbread
1. Place cream, milk and vanilla bean in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, place egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well, about 2 minutes on slow and 5 minutes on high speed.
3. Once milk mixture starts to boil, pour half of it into the egg yolk mixture and stir well for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture from the bowl back into the pot and mix well.
5. Add white chocolate into the mixture and stir well until chocolate has melted completely. Strain the mixture.
6. Cut croissants into slices and put in a jar, bowl or cup. Slowly pour the mixture over it.
7. Steam bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 140 deg C. If you don’t have this function on your oven, place the jar on a baking tray, pour hot water onto the baking tray and bake.
8. To make the garnish, boil the strawberry puree and add in icing sugar. Mix well. Then add the lemon juice until it is well mixed.
9. Pour the mixture on top of the bread and butter pudding and decorate with your choice of berries and a piece of shortbread.
Chef Jonathan Wu Jiasheng from Amara Sanctuary Resort on Sentosa contributed this recipe, which serves one.