The kids are bored? Make this cool treat that is fun and easy to make with them as you #stayhome together. Try this recipe, which makes 4 milky matcha popsicles.
30g matcha powder
2 egg yolks, at room temperature
50g brown sugar
200ml whipping cream
Oreo cookie crumps
Edible candy hearts
Ice cream sticks
1. Sift matcha powder into milk in a bowl. Mix well. Transfer to a pot.
2. Bring matcha milk to a boil over low heat. Lower milk, then simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Turn off heat. Cover with lid and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Combine egg yolks and brown sugar in another bowl. Beat at high speed until mixture is pale.
5. Add egg-sugar mixture to milk, mixing quickly to prevent egg from being cooked.
6. Place whipping cream in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat at high speed until soft peaks.
7. Add whipping cream to matcha milk mixture, gently folding with each addition until well combined.
8. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until mixture is smooth.
9. Pour into popsicle moulds. Place ice cream sticks in matcha mixture.
10. Place in freezer for at least 5 hours until popsicles set.
11. Remove popsicles from moulds. Decorate as desired.
12. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from Kawaii Sweet Treats, by Shirley Wong, also known as Little Miss Bento.
Singapore food blogger mums share their best kid-approved recipes
5 congee and porridge recipes for families
4 brain-boosting recipes to feed your child
3 easy gourmet recipes to wow your family
(Photo: Calvin Tan)