Serves 10 to 12
10g agar-agar powder
240ml coconut cream
2 eggs, beaten
¼ tsp salt
24 large, mature pandan leaves
1. To make the pandan extract, wash and dry pandan leaves, then slice them into 2cm to 3cm lengths. Process leaves in blender with water – you may need to do this in batches. With a fine sieve, squeeze the juice and set aside 120g for the recipe.
2. In a large pot, combine water with agar-agar powder, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer as you stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
3. In a bowl, combine the pandan extract with coconut cream and eggs. Beat with fork until combined.
4. Pour the pandan-coconut mixture into the simmering agar-agar mixture. Boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Pour into small moulds or into a shallow 9-by-9-inch glass dish. Cool thoroughly before chilling in the refrigerator until set.
Dewi Imelda Wadhwa is the owner of bakery. She has two kids.