Penang Ban Chang Kueh
(makes 20 to 30 pieces)
2kg plain flour
70g rice flour
130g corn flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3.3 litre water
200g margarine, melted
Peanuts, finely grinded
1. Pour all the ingredients for the batter, except the melted margarine, into a mixing bowl.
2. Place it in the mixing machine at medium speed for 15 minutes.
3. Slowly stir in the margarine and carry on mixing for 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
4. Heat the pan on medium heat and add one ladle of batter. Spread evenly.
5. Let it cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle sugar over the batter.
6. Cover the pan for 1 minute.
7. Remove the cover. Spread a teaspoon of margarine and your desired amount of peanut filling.
8. Fold ban chang kueh into half, and serve hot.
The buffet is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. It costs $29++ per adult and $20++ for child below 12 years on weekdays; $33++ per adult and $23++ per child on weekends and public holidays.
On our website: Penang ban chang kueh recipe! You can now make these crispy peanut pancakes at home, or indulge in them at @yorkhotel Penang Hawkers' Fare #buffet till Mar 27. Click on link in bio. – Elisa, deputy editor #recipe #penangstreetfood #banchangkueh #weekend #whatscooking #peanutpancake #igfood #sgfood #yorkhotel