Makes 16 skewers
4 tbsp basil pesto (from supermarkets)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 ball of Galbani cow’s milk mozzarella
350g cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven on grill mode or to its highest temperature setting.
2. In a small bowl, mix pesto and olive oil together.
3. Slice mozzarella into 3cm-thick cubes.
4. Prepare bamboo skewers by soaking them in water for at least 5 minutes. Slide mozzarella cubes and cherry tomatoes onto each skewer in an alternating order.
5. Place skewers on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes, or until the mozzarella is melting yet golden brown on top. Drizzle pesto sauce over the skewers and serve.
Sarah Benjamin, cook and host at Asian Food Channel, contributed this recipe.