Every parent wants to feed their kids nutritious and healthy meals, but who has the time to cook the way Grandma did? These busy parents, who are food bloggers, share their quick recipes that your children will lap up.
The recipes are from Tasted & Approved: A Quick & Easy Cookbook for Busy Parents by Busy Parents, published by Marshall Cavendish. Try them this week!
Homemade Chicken Sausage
Serves 3 to 4
By Oh Bee Bee of www.instagram.com/honeybeesweets.sg
500g chicken breast, sliced into smaller pieces
10g ginger, peeled and sliced
10g garlic, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
30g olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp white ground pepper
½ tsp black ground pepper
2 tsp chicken powder
2 tbsp corn flour
1 large egg
50g silken tofu
1½ tbsp curry powder (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender. Process everything together into a smooth paste.
2. Divide mixture into 4 to 5 portions. Wrap each portion tightly with plastic wrap and shape into a cylinder. Tie both ends into a knot.
3. Wrap with another layer of aluminium foil and fold both ends tightly to seal.
4. Place wrapped chicken sausages in a large pan filled with simmering water. Steam for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and let cool completely before unwrapping both foil and plastic wrap.
6. Serve as desired.
Also read: 5 congee and porridge recipes for families
Next recipe: Huai Shan Multigrain Rice