2 big slices dang gui (angelica root)
25g black fungus
7 red dates, seeds removed
2 tsp wolfberries
250g pork ribs
25g ginger, shredded
¼ cup water
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
A pinch of pepper
1. Soak dang gui, black fungus, red dates and wolfberries till soft. Drain, and then slice black fungus. Set aside.
2. Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Add marinade. Cover with cling wrap and leave in fridge for 1 hour.
3. Place dang gui, black fungus, red dates, wolfberries and ginger in a heatproof bowl. Add pork ribs and add water.
4. Transfer to a steamer and cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
5. Before serving, mix well and drizzle some Chinese wine if you like.
Grace Ng, founder of Yeyeah Delights, contributed this recipe. It makes one serving.
(Photo: Young Parents)