Kids love squishing paint with their fingers, but the mess it creates gives parents a headache. There is a simple way to let children finger-paint without them getting the walls dirty and having to wash paint out of their hair.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Squirt blobs of paint into a resealable plastic bag and seal it.
2. Tape the bag flat onto the top of a table.
3. The child can rub on the paint and mix colours without getting her hands dirty (pictured below).
– Place a piece of white paper under the bag so that the paints show up better, or squirt paint on a piece of paper and insert it into the plastic bag.
– Use paints that are not too thick and which spread easily.
(Also read: 6 ways to encourage creativity in your child)
A version of this article first appeared in The Straits Times.
(Photos: The Straits Times and 123RF.com)