1 avocado, halved, peeled and pitted
1 banana, peeled
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small egg (for babies from 12 months old)
Olive oil, to grease pan
1. Puree avocado and banana in a blender. Set aside.
2. To make pancake batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Add milk, oil and egg (if any). Mix until smooth.
4. Heat frying pan with oil on medium heat. Scoop enough batter onto pan to make desired pancake size.
5. Cook until bubbles appear on pancake surface. Flip over and continue to cook until brown on both sides.
6. Continue with the rest of the batter.
7. Spread avocado and banana mix evenly on pancakes. Make into a roll when pancakes are warm.
This recipe is suitable for babies from nine months old, and makes about four 5-cm round pieces.
Nutrition info you should know
Avocado is rich in protein and contains essential vitamins, minerals and unsaturated fats. It’s easy for Baby to digest, too.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and vitamin C. They’re also high in potassium and fibre.
Fonnie Lo, lactation consultant and senior manager at Thomson Medical Centre, contributed this recipe.
(Photo: Young Parents)
More baby recipes:
Quinoa porridge with chicken and broccoli
Salmon with tofu and vegetables
Rice cereal with sweet potato and egg yolk
Mee sua with tomato, carrot and chicken
Chilled oat parfait with berries and chia seeds
French toast sticks with cheese
Brown rice tuna casserole
Tofu pumpkin puree
Fusilli with chicken and vegetables