Looking for a new recipe for your baby to try? These delicious spinach and potato fritters are suitable for babies at least 10 months old. It makes about 15 to 20 fritters.
Besides spinach, you can add shredded cheese to the batter for an extra boost of vitamin B12.
Baked spinach and potato fritters
100g baby spinach leaves
3 to 6 tbsp flour
A pinch of turmeric powder
Oil, for greasing
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
2. Wash spinach leaves and steam on low heat for about 10 minutes until wilted. Let them cool and chop finely.
3. Peel and grate potatoes. Add to spinach and mix well.
4. Add eggs to the mixture, and enough flour to form a fairly thick batter. (It shouldn’t be runny or doughy.)
5. Add a pinch of turmeric and mix well.
6. Grease a baking tray with a little bit of oil. Place about 2 tbsp of batter on tray to form each fritter.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes until light golden. Cool, then serve.
(Photo: Young Parents)