50ml canola oil
510g plain flour
15g baking powder
10g baking soda
380g banana, mashed
360g strawberries, sliced
1. Combine the ingredients in the two mixtures separately.
2. Add mixture A slowly into mixture B, until it becomes a smooth batter.
3. Fold mashed banana into the mixture.
4. Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Scoop batter onto pan to form mini pancakes (about 5cm each).
5. Once bubbles start to show on the pancakes, flip them over and remove when both sides turn golden brown. Set aside.
6. In a clean pan, sprinkle the sugar in a single layer. Cook until you get a golden brown caramel.
7. Add butter and stir well.
8. Add strawberries and cook for about 20 to 30 seconds.
9. Serve the pancakes with the caramelised strawberries.
This recipe is suitable for toddlers from 12 months old. It makes 35 to 40 pieces, about 5cm each
Nutrition info you should know
Strawberries are high in antioxidants, as well as vitamins and minerals.
Bananas are a good source of potassium and vitamin C, they are a healthy way to indulge your tot’s sweet tooth.
Executive chef Lawrence Tay Lian Chin and principal dietitian Alefia A. Vasanwala contributed this recipe and the nutrition tips. Both are from Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
(Photo: Young Parents)