1 cup rice (preferably brown), rinsed
1½ cup water
¾ cup milk (breast milk or formula)
1 cup tuna canned in water, drained
1 cup green peas
1 cup baby biscuits, crushed
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
2. Add rice and water to rice cooker. Press the start button.
3. When it’s about ¾ into the usual cooking cycle, remove rice from heat.
4. Add milk, tuna and peas to rice. Mix well and transfer to a 9cm-wide casserole dish.
5. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
6. Sprinkle biscuits and cheese evenly over dish. Continue to bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
This recipe is suitable for babies from nine months old, and makes about six servings. Serve one and freeze the rest after Step 5.
Nutrition info and cooking tips you should know
Tuna is packed with nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital for brain and eye development.
Baby biscuits give a nice bite to the dish.
If your baby is at least 10 months old, introduce chopped tomatoes to this recipe for added colour and flavour.
Nadia Lambrechts, baby planner and founder of 40 Weeks, contributed this recipe.
(Photo: Young Parents)
More baby recipes:
Quinoa porridge with chicken and broccoli
Salmon with tofu and vegetables
Rice cereal with sweet potato and egg yolk
Avocado banana pancakes
Chilled oat parfait with berries and chia seeds
French toast sticks with cheese
Brown rice tuna casserole
Tofu pumpkin puree