This recipe is suitable for toddlers from 12 months old, and makes 8 to 10 servings.
250g rolled oats
20g chia seeds, soaked
80ml strawberry yogurt
100g fresh assorted berries, cubed
50g almond, grounded
1 green apple, skinned and grated
1. Soak oats with milk and leave to soften overnight, or about six hours, in the fridge.
2. Combine mixture A with overnight oatmeal. Mix well.
3. Assemble some transparent plastic cups for toddler guests, and glasses for adults.
4. Layer the ingredients in this order: chia seeds, oat mixture and strawberry yogurt.
5. Top with assorted berries, such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Serve immediately.
Nutrition info you should know
Berries are packed with vitamin C, which helps boost the immune system and keeps your tot healthy.
Omega 3 and 6 in chia seeds and almonds are good fats that are beneficial to heart health.
Executive chef Lawrence Tay Lian Chin and principal dietitian Alefia A. Vasanwala contributed the recipe and and nutrition tips, respectively. Both are from Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
More baby recipes:
Salmon with tofu and vegetables
Fusilli with chicken and vegetables
Rice cereal with sweet potato and egg yolk
Brown rice tuna casserole
Avocado banana pancakes
Mee sua with tomato, carrot and chicken
French toast sticks with cheese
(Photo: Young Parents)