1 slice of bread (preferably wholemeal)
1 egg yolk
30ml milk (breast milk or formula)
1 cube cheese
1. Remove crust from bread.
2. Add yolk to milk. Whisk gently to combine.
3. Dip bread into the mixture. Coat both sides evenly.
4. Place bread in a toaster oven. Heat until slightly brown on both sides.
5. Remove bread from oven. While it’s still warm, spread cheese on it.
6. Cut into strips and serve.
This recipe is suitable for babies from 10 months old, and makes 1 serving.
Nutrition tips you should know
Besides protein, egg yolk contains DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), choline and lutein, which are important for brain and eye development.
Cheese, like other dairy products, contains calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D, which help build strong bones and teeth.
The nutrition and dietetics department of KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital contributed this recipe. Its senior principal dietitian Christine Ong contributed shared the nutritional tips.
(Photo: Young Parents)
More baby recipes:
Quinoa porridge with chicken and broccoli
Salmon with tofu and vegetables
Avocado banana pancakes
Mee sua with tomato, carrot and chicken
Chilled oat parfait with berries and chia seeds
Brown rice tuna casserole
Tofu pumpkin puree