Tried of making the same old recipes for baby? Here’s a mee sua recipe that your baby will love – it’s healthy and very nutritious!
1 bundle mee sua
90g cherry tomatoes
30g chicken, minced
60ml chicken stock, freshly prepared
1. Cook mee sua according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
2. Steam cherry tomatoes for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skin and seeds.
3. Peel carrot and steam for 15 minutes or until soft.
4. Steam chicken with 15ml chicken stock for 6 minutes. Set aside.
5. In the meantime, puree tomatoes, carrot and remaining chicken stock in a blender until smooth.
6. Place mee sua and chicken in a bowl and pour puree over. Mix well and serve.
This baby recipe with mee sua is suitable for babies from nine months old, and makes two servings.
Nutrition info you should know
Chicken doesn’t just pack a protein punch; it also contains niacin and phosphorus, essential for the release of energy from carbohydrates, protein and fat.
Carrots are high in carotene and fibre. They also contain vitamins B, C and E.
Tomatoes strengthen Baby’s immune system and bones, thanks to their vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A.
Fonnie Lo, lactation consultant and senior manager at Thomson Medical Centre, contributed this recipe.
(Photo: Young Parents)
More baby recipes:
Quinoa porridge with chicken and broccoli
Salmon with tofu and vegetables
Rice cereal with sweet potato and egg yolk
Avocado banana pancakes
Chilled oat parfait with berries and chia seeds
Carrot and almond muffins
French toast sticks with cheese
Brown rice tuna casserole
Tofu pumpkin puree
Stir-fried purple potatoes with Japanese bittergourd
Organic tofu dashi soup with bamboo shoots and mizuna