Quinoa is a gluten-free grain that is bursting with protein, iron and fibre. Here’s a nutritious quinoa recipe for your baby. Try it today!
This recipe is recommended for babies from 12 months old. It makes four portions. Serve one and freeze the rest.
1 red pepper
100g broccoli (florets only for younger babies)
150ml chicken stock
100g chicken thigh
70g quinoa, soaked for 5 minutes and rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
2. Place red pepper on an aluminium foil-lined tray and roast for 20 to 30 minutes. Flip and roast for another 20 minutes, until its skin is charred and soft.
3. Remove skin and seeds, and dice pepper.
4. Steam broccoli for 15 minutes until soft. Cut into small pieces or mash with fork.
5. Bring stock to a boil in a saucepan. Add chicken thigh and pour more stock to cover the meat if necessary. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove and shred into desired size for your baby.
6. Add quinoa to saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain.
7. Add pepper, broccoli and chicken to quinoa. Mix well and serve.
Mummy and owner, Grace Chia, from the now defunct The Missing Pan cafe, contributed this recipe.
(Photo: Young Parents)
More baby recipes:
Salmon with tofu and vegetables
Avocado banana pancakes
Rice cereal with sweet potato and egg yolk
Mee sua with tomato, carrot and chicken
Chilled oat parfait with berries and chia seeds
French toast sticks with cheese
Brown rice tuna casserole
Tofu pumpkin puree
Fusilli with chicken and vegetables